Three security personnel injured in gunfire with militants
Srinagar: Three security personnel including
two soldiers were injured when militants opened fire on a
joint search party of Rashtriya Rifles and police in Baramulla
district of North Kashmir on Tuesday.
Acting on a tip off, Rashtriya Rifles and Special
Operations Group of local police launched a search operation
at Sheikhpora village of Rafiabad, 65 kms from here, but were
fired upon by the hiding militants, security officials said.
The joint team also retaliated and in the ensuing
gunbattle two jawans of Rashtriya rifles and a policeman was
Two of the injured were identified as sepoy Mahesh
Koushal and constable Manzoor Qureshi and were shifted to
They said reinforcements have been rushed to the village
and a massive hunt has been launched to nab the militants, who
fled the scene after the initial exchange of fire.
Legislators condemn attack on securitymen
Members of Jammu and Kashmir
Assembly on Tuesday strongly condemned the attacks carried out by
militants in the city yesterday resulting in death of two CRPF
personnel and injuries to 25 persons.
Raising the issue in the House as it met today, BJP
member Chaman Lal Gupta said that the House should condemn the
attacks on innocent people in the city yesterday by ultras.
Two CRPF personnel were killed and 25 others including
five securitymen were injured in twin strikes carried out by
militants in Lal Chowk and Batmaloo localities of the city
Gupta said that the government should arrest the
perpetrators and punish them as per the law adding that the
CRPF and other security personnel are doing their duties here.
He also demanded that the government should grant
compensation to the next of kin of the killed.
Gupta was supported by his party colleagues, National
Panthers Party and other members in condemning the attack.
Harsh Dev Singh of NPP accused the government of not
taking adequate security measures, which resulted in killing
of two CRPF personnel.
Minister for public health engineering Taj Mohiuddin
termed the incidents as "unfortunate" and said government will
do whatever is possible to compensate the next of kins of the
killed security personnel.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!