Tight security in Karauli ahead of Bainsla`s Mahapanchayat
Jaipur: Tight security is in place in Rajasthan`s Karauli district ahead of a Mahapanchayat called by Gujjar leader Col Kirori Singh Bainsla to revive the violent agitation for ST quota.
"Police, Rapid Action Force and Emergency Response Teams have been deployed in the area and foolproof security arrangements have been made to meet any eventuality," Karauli Collector Neeraj K Pawan told reporters over phone.
Senior Police and Administration officials including ADG-Law and Order Navdeep Singh and IG Range Bharatpur Rajeev Sharma are camping in the area.
Bainsla, who spearheaded a Gujjar stir during the Vasundhara Raje government, has called the Mahapanchayat at Penchla Mod in Todabheem tehsil of the district to renew the community`s demand for reservation in ST category.
Bainsla had skipped a meeting scheduled with Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot yesterday. However, a day before he had met State Home Minister Shanti Dhariwal and State Higher Education Minister Jitendra Singh on the issue.
A bill on Rajasthan SC/ST/OBC, Gujjar, EBC reservation passed by Vasundhara Raje government is still pending with the Governor. It mentions five percent quota for four communities including Gujjars and nomads.
Opposition parties disrupted the assembly proceedings and staged a walk-out yesterday demanding Governor`s signature on the bill and later in the day submitted a memorandum addressed to him in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Maruti sets up water ATM at Kasan; to open 3 more in the region
- Kejriwal bullying people, misusing Delhi funds in Punjab: Akali Dal
- Arshad Warsi, Boman Irani impress with brand new poster of 'The Legend of Michael Mishra'
- Reliance Jio's 4G rollout in next three months: CLSA
- Britain's May heads to France for Brexit talks