Tinkerman Webber on Vettel`s trail
Sepang: Australian Mark Webber on Thursday said changes to his car should help him match the pace of his Red Bull team-mate Sebastian Vettel in Sunday`s Malaysian Grand Prix.
Germany`s Vettel, the reigning drivers` champion, was noticeably quicker at last month`s opening race in Melbourne, but Webber is confident his problems have been fixed and he will be more competitive this weekend.
"There were a few issues we found post-race which certainly did not help the situation," he said.
"We are not going to go into it too much further than that. We will do a better job this weekend, get more out of the car and hang out at the front like we normally have been."
Webber added that he had shrugged off the disappointment of his home Grand Prix, where despite high hopes he came in fifth.
"I am not going to make a meal of what happened in Melbourne, so let`s talk about Malaysia," he said.
The Australian believed Red Bull will be leading from the front in Sepang, but warned that there might be a few issues with their new Pirelli tyres.
"We did well here last year, the car just won the last grand prix so we will see," he said. "It is pretty brutal on-the-track temperature -- it will be interesting on the tyres. No one knows how that will unfold."
Webber conceded it was important that his team got their Kinetic Energy Recovery System (KERS) working as they will need its speed boosts on the Sepang circuit`s long straights. Red Bull triumphed in Melbourne without using KERS.
"We need to run tomorrow and see," he said. "We haven`t tested it since Melbourne. It is the first time it has gone back on the car, so it will give us some more confidence here tomorrow."
"It`s a no-brainer though, you need to get KERS working reliably and, well, it is something you should have on the car," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery