Tinkerman Webber on Vettel`s trail
Sepang: Australian Mark Webber on Thursday said changes to his car should help him match the pace of his Red Bull team-mate Sebastian Vettel in Sunday`s Malaysian Grand Prix.
Germany`s Vettel, the reigning drivers` champion, was noticeably quicker at last month`s opening race in Melbourne, but Webber is confident his problems have been fixed and he will be more competitive this weekend.
"There were a few issues we found post-race which certainly did not help the situation," he said.
"We are not going to go into it too much further than that. We will do a better job this weekend, get more out of the car and hang out at the front like we normally have been."
Webber added that he had shrugged off the disappointment of his home Grand Prix, where despite high hopes he came in fifth.
"I am not going to make a meal of what happened in Melbourne, so let`s talk about Malaysia," he said.
The Australian believed Red Bull will be leading from the front in Sepang, but warned that there might be a few issues with their new Pirelli tyres.
"We did well here last year, the car just won the last grand prix so we will see," he said. "It is pretty brutal on-the-track temperature -- it will be interesting on the tyres. No one knows how that will unfold."
Webber conceded it was important that his team got their Kinetic Energy Recovery System (KERS) working as they will need its speed boosts on the Sepang circuit`s long straights. Red Bull triumphed in Melbourne without using KERS.
"We need to run tomorrow and see," he said. "We haven`t tested it since Melbourne. It is the first time it has gone back on the car, so it will give us some more confidence here tomorrow."
"It`s a no-brainer though, you need to get KERS working reliably and, well, it is something you should have on the car," he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!