Tipsarevic and Seppi to meet in Eastbourne final
London: Third seed Janko Tipsarevic of Serbia will face Andreas Seppi of Italy in the final of the Eastbourne grasscourt Wimbledon warm-up event on Saturday following their rain-delayed semi-finals earlier in the day.
Both matches were affected by the swirling, blustery conditions in the English seaside resort.
Tipsarevic beat Japan`s Kei Nishikori 6-2 6-4 while the unseeded Seppi needed three sets to dismiss Russian Igor Kunitsyn, who was also unseeded, 6-4 2-6 6-4.
The men`s final will take place after the women`s final between Petra Kvitova of the Czech Republic and Marion Bartoli of France.
Tipsarevic, the world number 30, made it four wins out of four against Nishikori who struggled to cope with the conditions.
He now has the chance to win his first ATP Tour title after years in the world`s top 50. He has reached three finals previously and lost them all, with the most recent defeat coming in the Delray Beach tournament in the United States in February when he lost to Juan del Potro of Argentina.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city