Tipsarevic and Seppi to meet in Eastbourne final
London: Third seed Janko Tipsarevic of Serbia will face Andreas Seppi of Italy in the final of the Eastbourne grasscourt Wimbledon warm-up event on Saturday following their rain-delayed semi-finals earlier in the day.
Both matches were affected by the swirling, blustery conditions in the English seaside resort.
Tipsarevic beat Japan`s Kei Nishikori 6-2 6-4 while the unseeded Seppi needed three sets to dismiss Russian Igor Kunitsyn, who was also unseeded, 6-4 2-6 6-4.
The men`s final will take place after the women`s final between Petra Kvitova of the Czech Republic and Marion Bartoli of France.
Tipsarevic, the world number 30, made it four wins out of four against Nishikori who struggled to cope with the conditions.
He now has the chance to win his first ATP Tour title after years in the world`s top 50. He has reached three finals previously and lost them all, with the most recent defeat coming in the Delray Beach tournament in the United States in February when he lost to Juan del Potro of Argentina.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Muslims have always been a part of America: Obama
- Google honours legendary singer Mukesh with a doodle on 93rd birth anniversary
- Start Brexit negotiations as soon as possible: Hollande urges Britain
- 'Months before her assassination, pro-Khalistan leader had predicted Indira Gandhi's killing'
- ‘Kabali’ mania grips nation: Here’s why Rajinikanth is the one and only Thalaiva