TISS gangrape case to come up for hearing on Aug 11
Mumbai: The trial in the TISS gangrape case
is set to begin on August 11 in a Sessions court here.
Six persons, aged between 21 and 27, were arrested in
April this year for allegedly gangraping a 23-year-old US
national, who is a student of the Tata Institute of Social
The police had in July filed a charge sheet against the
accused before the Kurla metropolitan magistrate.
The magistrate today referred the trial in the case to
the Sewree sessions court.
The magistrate court cannot conduct the trial as the
charges levelled against the accused are punishable with more
than three years imprisonment.
All the six accused -- Dev Colabawala, Jaskaran Singh,
Vinamra Soni, Kundanraj Borgonain, Anish Borkhatki and
Harshawardhan Yadav -- will be produced before the Sewree
sessions court on August 11.
According to the police, the six and the girl had partied
at a club in suburban Deonar where the accused allegedly got
the victim drunk.
After that the accused took her to a flat in suburban
Andheri and raped her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’