TISS gangrape case to come up for hearing on Aug 11
Mumbai: The trial in the TISS gangrape case
is set to begin on August 11 in a Sessions court here.
Six persons, aged between 21 and 27, were arrested in
April this year for allegedly gangraping a 23-year-old US
national, who is a student of the Tata Institute of Social
The police had in July filed a charge sheet against the
accused before the Kurla metropolitan magistrate.
The magistrate today referred the trial in the case to
the Sewree sessions court.
The magistrate court cannot conduct the trial as the
charges levelled against the accused are punishable with more
than three years imprisonment.
All the six accused -- Dev Colabawala, Jaskaran Singh,
Vinamra Soni, Kundanraj Borgonain, Anish Borkhatki and
Harshawardhan Yadav -- will be produced before the Sewree
sessions court on August 11.
According to the police, the six and the girl had partied
at a club in suburban Deonar where the accused allegedly got
the victim drunk.
After that the accused took her to a flat in suburban
Andheri and raped her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam