TISS gangrape case to come up for hearing on Aug 11
Mumbai: The trial in the TISS gangrape case
is set to begin on August 11 in a Sessions court here.
Six persons, aged between 21 and 27, were arrested in
April this year for allegedly gangraping a 23-year-old US
national, who is a student of the Tata Institute of Social
The police had in July filed a charge sheet against the
accused before the Kurla metropolitan magistrate.
The magistrate today referred the trial in the case to
the Sewree sessions court.
The magistrate court cannot conduct the trial as the
charges levelled against the accused are punishable with more
than three years imprisonment.
All the six accused -- Dev Colabawala, Jaskaran Singh,
Vinamra Soni, Kundanraj Borgonain, Anish Borkhatki and
Harshawardhan Yadav -- will be produced before the Sewree
sessions court on August 11.
According to the police, the six and the girl had partied
at a club in suburban Deonar where the accused allegedly got
the victim drunk.
After that the accused took her to a flat in suburban
Andheri and raped her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note