TN police initiative to check eve-teasing
Coimbatore: In an initiative aimed at curbing
eve teasing in educational institutions, the city police have
provided complaint boxes in every college to help girl
students facing trouble.
The students can drop their complaints in the box
providing details about the troublemakers so that police can
take necessary action, Police Commissioner P Sivanandi said.
Besides, plainclothes policemen would be moving around
identified places to take action against mischief makers.
The official was addressing Principals and representatives
of students and managements of a few colleges here on the
ill-effects of ragging.
He asked the principals, who are heading the Anti-Ragging
Committee in the colleges, to convene the committee meeting
every week, by inviting all the members, and sensitise the
students and staff about the ill-effects of ragging.
Police last week registered cases against five students of
a college based on a complaint, he said, adding complaints
from two more colleges were being looked into.
Since the ragging was occurring during the first three
months of new academic year, the administration should convene
meetings of students during this period and caution against
such barbaric acts, Sivanandi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof