TN women win National Games basketball gold
Ranchi: Tamil Nadu on Tuesday won the gold medal after defeating Chhattisgarh 79-48 in the final of the Basketball women`s event of the 34th National Games here on Tuesday.
Tamil Nadu outclassed Chhattisgarh challenge in the final two quarters by firing 28-8 and 19-8 points. V Sangeetha and Anita excelled for Tamil Nadu while Chhattisgarh Pushpa played well.
"We were somewhat nervous in the first quarter, but later all of us combined well to clinch the issue," Sangeetha said after the match.
Delhi took the bronze medal defeating Maharashtra 79-59 in the tie between the losing semifinalists.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family