Toddler hit by friend gets payout in UK
London: A British judge has ruled that a
boy attacked by another toddler with a car jack can claim
compensation from a government body that helps crime victims.
The mother of Jay Jones, who was 3 years old at the
time of the attack, told the BBC her son suffered a gash to
his head and spent two days in hospital in 2007 after another
toddler hit him 11 times.
The attack occurred when the two toddlers were left
alone in a car.
The government authority that grants compensation for
victims refused at first to pay because the 3-year-old
attacker was so young and could not be prosecuted because of
The family complained and asked for the case to be
reviewed by an independent tribunal, which ruled in its favor
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test