Toddler hit by friend gets payout in UK
London: A British judge has ruled that a
boy attacked by another toddler with a car jack can claim
compensation from a government body that helps crime victims.
The mother of Jay Jones, who was 3 years old at the
time of the attack, told the BBC her son suffered a gash to
his head and spent two days in hospital in 2007 after another
toddler hit him 11 times.
The attack occurred when the two toddlers were left
alone in a car.
The government authority that grants compensation for
victims refused at first to pay because the 3-year-old
attacker was so young and could not be prosecuted because of
The family complained and asked for the case to be
reviewed by an independent tribunal, which ruled in its favor
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'