Toll in Tamil Nadu cracker unit fire rises to 15
Sivkasi (TN): The death toll in the fire at a cracker unit near here on July 20 has risen to 15 with three more persons succumbing to burns, police said on Saturday.
The trio died in hospital last night, they said adding the condition of four others is stated to be serious.
On July 20, seven people were killed and 33 injured, 23 of them seriously, when a fire swept through the unit which makes crackers at Namaskarichanpatti in Virudhunagar District.
More than 200 people were working in the unit at the time of the incident.
Meanwhile, Rs one lakh compensation sanctioned by the government and Rs two lakh each given by the factory management was handed over to the next of kins of the victims last night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi