Toll in Tamil Nadu cracker unit fire rises to 15
Sivkasi (TN): The death toll in the fire at a cracker unit near here on July 20 has risen to 15 with three more persons succumbing to burns, police said on Saturday.
The trio died in hospital last night, they said adding the condition of four others is stated to be serious.
On July 20, seven people were killed and 33 injured, 23 of them seriously, when a fire swept through the unit which makes crackers at Namaskarichanpatti in Virudhunagar District.
More than 200 people were working in the unit at the time of the incident.
Meanwhile, Rs one lakh compensation sanctioned by the government and Rs two lakh each given by the factory management was handed over to the next of kins of the victims last night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says