Toll in Tamil Nadu cracker unit fire rises to 15
Sivkasi (TN): The death toll in the fire at a cracker unit near here on July 20 has risen to 15 with three more persons succumbing to burns, police said on Saturday.
The trio died in hospital last night, they said adding the condition of four others is stated to be serious.
On July 20, seven people were killed and 33 injured, 23 of them seriously, when a fire swept through the unit which makes crackers at Namaskarichanpatti in Virudhunagar District.
More than 200 people were working in the unit at the time of the incident.
Meanwhile, Rs one lakh compensation sanctioned by the government and Rs two lakh each given by the factory management was handed over to the next of kins of the victims last night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?