Tollygunge Agragami upset East Bengal
Kolkata: Tollygunge Agragami shocked local giants East Bengal 2-1 in the Calcutta Football League Premier Division encounter at the Yuba Bharati Krirangan here today.
Nigerian striker Salau Nuruddin struck twice to help Tollygunge Agragami register the upset win.
East Bengal, whose main players undergoing training at the national camp in Goa, reduced the margin through Harmanjot Khabra. Tollygunge Agragami drew first blood in the 15th minute as Nuruddin scored from an angular shot.
Just before the lemon break, East Bengal got their equaliser when Khabra struck the target with a powerful left-footer in the 42nd minute. When it seemed that both teams will play out a draw, Nuruddin found the winning goal in the 80th minute.
The Nigerian sneaked inside the East Bengal box and found the net off a powerful left-footed volley to help Tollygunge Agragami snatch three points. The win helped Tollygunge Agramai collect seven points from five matches.
East Bengal have four points after three outings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonam Kapoor with Shah Rukh Khan in a film? Here's what the diva has to say!
- Space station gets ready for expansion of inflatable capsule 'BEAM' today
- India home to 56 of the world's 2,000 largest public companies: Forbes
- SRH vs KKR, IPL 2016: Kuldeep's spell; Yuvraj's knock; Bhuvi-Mustafizur's accuracy – three talking points
- This packing hack is just awesome! Watch video