Tollygunge Agragami upset East Bengal
Kolkata: Tollygunge Agragami shocked local giants East Bengal 2-1 in the Calcutta Football League Premier Division encounter at the Yuba Bharati Krirangan here today.
Nigerian striker Salau Nuruddin struck twice to help Tollygunge Agragami register the upset win.
East Bengal, whose main players undergoing training at the national camp in Goa, reduced the margin through Harmanjot Khabra. Tollygunge Agragami drew first blood in the 15th minute as Nuruddin scored from an angular shot.
Just before the lemon break, East Bengal got their equaliser when Khabra struck the target with a powerful left-footer in the 42nd minute. When it seemed that both teams will play out a draw, Nuruddin found the winning goal in the 80th minute.
The Nigerian sneaked inside the East Bengal box and found the net off a powerful left-footed volley to help Tollygunge Agragami snatch three points. The win helped Tollygunge Agramai collect seven points from five matches.
East Bengal have four points after three outings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH