Tollygunge Agragami upset East Bengal
Kolkata: Tollygunge Agragami shocked local giants East Bengal 2-1 in the Calcutta Football League Premier Division encounter at the Yuba Bharati Krirangan here today.
Nigerian striker Salau Nuruddin struck twice to help Tollygunge Agragami register the upset win.
East Bengal, whose main players undergoing training at the national camp in Goa, reduced the margin through Harmanjot Khabra. Tollygunge Agragami drew first blood in the 15th minute as Nuruddin scored from an angular shot.
Just before the lemon break, East Bengal got their equaliser when Khabra struck the target with a powerful left-footer in the 42nd minute. When it seemed that both teams will play out a draw, Nuruddin found the winning goal in the 80th minute.
The Nigerian sneaked inside the East Bengal box and found the net off a powerful left-footed volley to help Tollygunge Agragami snatch three points. The win helped Tollygunge Agramai collect seven points from five matches.
East Bengal have four points after three outings.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Flat belly diet: Include these 3 foods to burn fat fast!
- Read: Why Virat Kohli, David Warner exchanged text messages regarding Orange Cap in IPL 9?
- Shocking! 7th Pay Commission recommends abolition of overtime for government employees
- VVIP chopper deal: BJP most welcome to make revelations, says Sonia Gandhi
- Ravana, the demon king is worshipped in these Indian temples