Too early to say economic crisis is over: Putin
Moscow: It is too early to say the economic crisis is all over, Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin has said.
"The events of the past weeks have shown that it is obviously too early to say the global crisis has come to an end," he said at a joint meeting of the collegiums of the Finance Ministry and Economic and Development Ministry yesterday.
Currently the euro zone countries have to take steps to stabilize their financial systems and the people have to pay for the previous mistakes in the macroeconomy, Putin recalled.
In the long term only stable macroeconomic policies will be able to guarantee sustainable growth, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Lion' trailer: Dev Patel once again proves his acting brilliance – Watch
- US, Russia make headway on brokering truce in war-torn Syria
- Worms found in burgers from two Kentucky McDonald’s restaurants
- This is how billionaire Richard Branson looks after cheating death in a violent high-speed bike crash
- West Bengal hospital fire: Three killed, 50 children injured; Rs 2 lakh ex-gratia announced