Top-10 cos add over Rs 1.42 lakh cr
Mumbai: The country`s top-10 firms added Rs 1,42,000 crore to their market capitalisation last week with country`s most valued firm, Reliance Industries crossing Rs 3 trillion mark after two weeks.
The country`s most-valued firm, Reliance Industries Ltd,
added Rs 24,395 crore to its market valuation taking its total
market cap to Rs 3,04,292 crore. Shares of RIL surged nearly
9 percent on the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) to end the trade
at Rs 1,933.40 on Friday.
RIL had a market valuation of Rs 2,79,897 crore last
The coveted club, which comprises of 4 private sector
and 6 public companies, added Rs 1,42,320 crore to their
market valuation to Rs 16,04,896 crore for week ended July 17.
The total market-cap of the elite club stood at Rs
14,31,433.42 crore in the previous week ended July 11.
State run Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) and
National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) together added Rs
21,567 crore to their market cap.
At the end of the week total market valuation of ONGC
stood at Rs 2,22,763 crore and NTPC`s at Rs 1,69,114 crore.
Private sector telecom services provider Bharti Airtel
added Rs 8,562 crore to its market cap taking its total
valuation to Rs 1,57,071 crore at the end of Friday.
Two other public sector firms, Minerals and Metals Trading Corporation (MMTC) and National Mining Development Corporation (NMDC) together added Rs 52,394 crore to their market valuation.
The market cap of MMTC stood at Rs 1,56,207 crore and
NMDC at Rs 1,55,119 crore.
Bharat Heavy Electricals (BHEL) jumped to the seventh
position from the ninth slot after adding Rs 11,912 crore to
its market valuation while IT bellwether Infosys Technologies
slipped to the eighth slot from the seventh even after adding
Rs 8,052 crore to its market cap.
The country`s largest public sector lender State Bank of
India slipped to the ninth slot from eighth even after
adding Rs 8,320 crore to its market cap and FMCG conglomerate
ITC added Rs 7,119 crore to its market valuation.
Besides the top-10 firms, two private sector lenders,
ICICI Bank and HDFC Bank together added Rs 14,733 crore in
their market cap at the end of Friday.
The total market valuation of ICICI Bank stood at Rs
82,660 crore and HDFC Bank at Rs 61,170 crore.
RIL has retained its numero uno position in the club of
top-10 firms followed by ONGC (Rs 2,22,763 crore), NTPC (Rs
1,69,114 crore), Bharti Airtel (Rs 1,57,071 crore), MMTC (Rs
1,56,207 crore), NMDC (Rs 1,55,119 crore), Bhel (Rs 1,09,065
crore), Infosys (Rs 1,06,990 crore), SBI (Rs 1,06,320 crore),
and ITC (Rs 86,811 crore).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA