Top-10 cos add over Rs 1.42 lakh cr
Mumbai: The country`s top-10 firms added Rs 1,42,000 crore to their market capitalisation last week with country`s most valued firm, Reliance Industries crossing Rs 3 trillion mark after two weeks.
The country`s most-valued firm, Reliance Industries Ltd,
added Rs 24,395 crore to its market valuation taking its total
market cap to Rs 3,04,292 crore. Shares of RIL surged nearly
9 percent on the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) to end the trade
at Rs 1,933.40 on Friday.
RIL had a market valuation of Rs 2,79,897 crore last
The coveted club, which comprises of 4 private sector
and 6 public companies, added Rs 1,42,320 crore to their
market valuation to Rs 16,04,896 crore for week ended July 17.
The total market-cap of the elite club stood at Rs
14,31,433.42 crore in the previous week ended July 11.
State run Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) and
National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) together added Rs
21,567 crore to their market cap.
At the end of the week total market valuation of ONGC
stood at Rs 2,22,763 crore and NTPC`s at Rs 1,69,114 crore.
Private sector telecom services provider Bharti Airtel
added Rs 8,562 crore to its market cap taking its total
valuation to Rs 1,57,071 crore at the end of Friday.
Two other public sector firms, Minerals and Metals Trading Corporation (MMTC) and National Mining Development Corporation (NMDC) together added Rs 52,394 crore to their market valuation.
The market cap of MMTC stood at Rs 1,56,207 crore and
NMDC at Rs 1,55,119 crore.
Bharat Heavy Electricals (BHEL) jumped to the seventh
position from the ninth slot after adding Rs 11,912 crore to
its market valuation while IT bellwether Infosys Technologies
slipped to the eighth slot from the seventh even after adding
Rs 8,052 crore to its market cap.
The country`s largest public sector lender State Bank of
India slipped to the ninth slot from eighth even after
adding Rs 8,320 crore to its market cap and FMCG conglomerate
ITC added Rs 7,119 crore to its market valuation.
Besides the top-10 firms, two private sector lenders,
ICICI Bank and HDFC Bank together added Rs 14,733 crore in
their market cap at the end of Friday.
The total market valuation of ICICI Bank stood at Rs
82,660 crore and HDFC Bank at Rs 61,170 crore.
RIL has retained its numero uno position in the club of
top-10 firms followed by ONGC (Rs 2,22,763 crore), NTPC (Rs
1,69,114 crore), Bharti Airtel (Rs 1,57,071 crore), MMTC (Rs
1,56,207 crore), NMDC (Rs 1,55,119 crore), Bhel (Rs 1,09,065
crore), Infosys (Rs 1,06,990 crore), SBI (Rs 1,06,320 crore),
and ITC (Rs 86,811 crore).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India