Top amateur women golfers for BPGC Open
Mumbai: The country’s leading amateur women golfers are all set to take part in the first BPGC Open golf tournament, to be played at the refurbished golf course of the Bombay Presidency Golf Club, Chembur, from January 4.
BPGC Open golf tournament is a three-day tournament played over 54 holes, sponsored by BPCL, HPCL and IOCL, has attracted 55 women. This is a categorised event of the Indian Golf Union, with the golfers divided into three divisions – Gold, Silver and Bronze, a media release said.
The Gold division has players with a handicap of 0-12 who would compete for the Mahindra Trophy, while the Silver division (handicap 12-24) and Bronze division (handicap 24-36) would be vying for the Bunty Khanna and the Asha Shah Trophies respectively.
The Gold division players – 10 in all – will also be fighting for merit points, which will determine their ranking and their position on the amateur golfing map.
The lodging and boarding of all outstation players has being taken care of by the host club, the release added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'