Top National Games official quizzed in graft case
Ranchi: The Jharkhand vigilance bureau Tuesday interrogated a senior official of the organising committee of the 34th National Games in connection with allegations that equipment for the Feb 12-26 event here were purchased at inflated rates.
National Games Organising Committee (NGOC) general secretary S.M. Hashmi was interrogated for more than four hours at the vigilance bureau office here.
Vigilance officials did not divulge details of the questioning.
The vigilance bureau last week raided the NGOC office here as well as the houses of Hashmi, who is also the general secretary of the Jharkhand Olympic Association (JOA) and Madhukant Pathak, the association`s treasurer.
Sources said Pathak and other NGOC officials would be questioned soon.
The Jharkhand vigilance bureau last year had lodged a report against JOA president R.K. Aanand, Pathak, Hashmi and others on the purchase of sports equipment.
For instance, it is alleged that the whistles used in the event were purchased at Rs.450 each, way above the market price of Rs.90.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?