Top Patna cops shifted after woman`s stripping
Patna: Under fire over stripping in public
of a woman here in full media glare, Bihar government on Saturday
transferred 14 senior police officers, including an IG, DIG
and five Senior Superintendents of Police.
As the incident on Thursday sparked an outrage
threatening to sully the state government`s image, IG (central
zone) Sunil Kumar, DIG (central range) JS Gangwar, SSP
(Patna) R Malar Vizhi and SP (City) Anwar Hussain have been
Three other SPs of Patna East, Patna West and Patna rural
and all seven Deputy Superintendents of Police, who are
entrusted with the task of maintaining peace in the state
capital, have been transferred.
PN Rai will be the new IG of central zone, Jitendra
Kumar has been appointed DIG of central range, Vineet Vinayak
the senior superintendent of police and Manu Maharaj SP
Sunil Kumar has been posted as Special Secretary (Home),
Gangwar as DIG(personnel), Vizhi as AIG (police headquarters)
and Hussain as SP (Sitamarhi).
Additional Director General of Police (Headquarters)
Neelmani said that the transfers had been effected to tone
up the law enforcing machinery in the state capital and had
nothing to do with Thursday`s incident of stripping of a woman
on Exhibition Road.
While acknowledging that the transfers were aimed at
refurbishing the image of the police force, particularly in
Patna, Neelmani refused to admit those were effected due to
raucous Opposition criticism of the Nitish Kumar government
over the stripping incident.
"The media is a better judge....I have nothing more to
say. Who can deny the fact that these transfers have been
done in the aftermath of the shameful incident on Thursday?"
Besides, 10 IPS and 15 Bihar police service officers
were transferred in a routine reshuffle today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan