Top tech firms settle employment probe
Washington: Google, Apple, Adobe Systems, Intel, Intuit and Disney`s Pixar reached a settlement with the Justice Department that bars the companies from agreeing to not poach each other`s top employees, the department said on Friday.
The firms had reached a series of agreements with each other - Apple had deals with Google, Adobe and Pixar while Google had separate deals with Intel and Intuit - agreeing not to cold call each others` workers, the department said.
Such agreements are a violation of antitrust laws since agreeing not to hire away top talent could stifle competition for highly skilled workers and hold down wages.
"The companies engaged in a practice of agreeing not to cold call any employee at the other company," the department said. "The complaint indicates that the agreements were formed and actively managed by senior executives of these companies."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'