Torres and Pique suffer injury scares for Spain
Bari: Fernando Torres and Gerard Pique had to be substituted with injuries in the first half of Spain`s 2-1 friendly defeat against Italy.
Chelsea striker Torres left the pitch after only 14 minutes suffering from a concussion and was replaced by Fernando Llorente.
He was taken for further tests at a nearby hospital.
Barcelona defender Pique limped off near the end of the first period clutching the back of his thigh but team doctors said it had been a precautionary measure.
Pique has four days to recover in time for the Spanish Super Cup first leg against Real Madrid at the Bernabeu on Sunday.
Athletic Bilbao defender Andoni Iraola also had to leave the pitch with a thigh problem.
With a lack of defensive alternatives on the bench, Vicente del Bosque`s side had lost Sergio Ramos and Nacho Monreal to injuries in the build up, Spain finished with midfielders Sergio Busquets and Javi Martinez covering at the back.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'