Torres believes he leave an impact on WC final
London: Spanish striker Fernando Torres believes he can leave an impact against Holland in the final of the FIFA World Cup in Johannesburg on Sunday.
"I still feel I have a big part to play at this World Cup. It is up to the coach, Vicente del Bosque, if he starts me, but I feel ready. I don`t want to make excuses but I haven`t been at my best in this World Cup because my fitness is not where it should be. But every day I feel that little bit sharper in training and I am ready to start if called on," Torres told the Daily Express.
Torres scored Spain`s winner in the Euro 2008 final, but said: "It`s been my dream to score in a World Cup final since I was a boy. When we were playing in the street and I scored I would always pretend I was scoring the winning goal in the final. On Sunday I have the chance to make that dream come true. I don`t want to even imagine what defeat feels like."
Torres did not reveal what his plans would be after the World Cup.
"After Sunday I can think about meeting the new manager. Then they can tell me their plans."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’