Torres prefers to forget goal-less six months

Last Updated: Sunday, June 19, 2011 - 15:58

London: Striker Fernando Torres has said that he would prefer to forget his first six months at Chelsea after his record 50-million-transfer from Liverpool FC.

But he also insisted that his partnership with Didier Drogba would soon be a big hit.

Spaniard Torres, 27, scored just one goal in 18 outings and was widely blamed for the Blues` failed bid to retain the Premier League title, a newspaper reports.

Meanwhile, fellow striker Salomon Kalou has said owner Roman Abramovich should not have brought Torres into the team, as at present he was more interested in whether he was picked rather than making sure the team was winning.

Torres himself agreed it had been a nightmare, scoring only 12 goals in all, nine for Liverpool, one for Chelsea and two for Spain.
He said: "For me the past season was the worst since I arrived in England. The injury I sustained at the end of the World Cup damaged my performance and made things more complicated than at any time in my career. Twelve goals in all in a season is nothing for me. Never during the season did I play to 100 per cent, neither for Liverpool or Chelsea.”

"So I prefer to forget what happened. But I am not sorry I signed for Chelsea. I am convinced that when the Chelsea machine is at its full rhythm we will be very difficult to beat," he added.


First Published: Sunday, June 19, 2011 - 15:58

More from zeenews

comments powered by Disqus