Torres prefers to forget goal-less six months
London: Striker Fernando Torres has said that he would prefer to forget his first six months at Chelsea after his record 50-million-transfer from Liverpool FC.
But he also insisted that his partnership with Didier Drogba would soon be a big hit.
Spaniard Torres, 27, scored just one goal in 18 outings and was widely blamed for the Blues` failed bid to retain the Premier League title, a newspaper reports.
Meanwhile, fellow striker Salomon Kalou has said owner Roman Abramovich should not have brought Torres into the team, as at present he was more interested in whether he was picked rather than making sure the team was winning.
Torres himself agreed it had been a nightmare, scoring only 12 goals in all, nine for Liverpool, one for Chelsea and two for Spain.
He said: "For me the past season was the worst since I arrived in England. The injury I sustained at the end of the World Cup damaged my performance and made things more complicated than at any time in my career. Twelve goals in all in a season is nothing for me. Never during the season did I play to 100 per cent, neither for Liverpool or Chelsea.”
"So I prefer to forget what happened. But I am not sorry I signed for Chelsea. I am convinced that when the Chelsea machine is at its full rhythm we will be very difficult to beat," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA