Torres ready to put in a better show for Chelsea
London: Spanish striker Fernando Torres is ready to show why he is worth 50-million-pounds to Chelsea after his first holiday in five years.
The Spanish international has promised to deliver as he flew to Malaysia last night for Chelsea`s pre-season tour of the Far East, a daily reports.
Torres said: "It was a difficult four months for me last season but now I am settled and really happy. It`s a new start for me and I am feeling sharper and fitter.
He added: "After five years without a break I could finally enjoy my holiday this summer so I am happier after a rest and some time with my family. Now, I am feeling good and ready to start the new season."
Torres, 27, managed just one goal in 18 appearances for Chelsea last season as his new team finished the season empty handed and manager Carlo Ancelotti was sacked.
But he scored in last week`s behind-closed-doors win over Wycombe and set up the only goal of Saturday`s 1-0 win at Portsmouth, turned into his own net by Tal Ben-Haim.
- India's manufacturing sector growth falls to 4-month low in April
- Uttarakhand forest fire: Four arrested, says Prakash Javadekar
- SC rejects TRAI's plea on IUC case from Gujarat High Court to Delhi HC
- Chairman Hamid Ansari asks TMC MP Sukhendu Sekhar Roy to leave Rajya Sabha – Know why
- Maruti Suzuki sales jump 13% in April at 1,26,569 units