Torres ready to put in a better show for Chelsea
London: Spanish striker Fernando Torres is ready to show why he is worth 50-million-pounds to Chelsea after his first holiday in five years.
The Spanish international has promised to deliver as he flew to Malaysia last night for Chelsea`s pre-season tour of the Far East, a daily reports.
Torres said: "It was a difficult four months for me last season but now I am settled and really happy. It`s a new start for me and I am feeling sharper and fitter.
He added: "After five years without a break I could finally enjoy my holiday this summer so I am happier after a rest and some time with my family. Now, I am feeling good and ready to start the new season."
Torres, 27, managed just one goal in 18 appearances for Chelsea last season as his new team finished the season empty handed and manager Carlo Ancelotti was sacked.
But he scored in last week`s behind-closed-doors win over Wycombe and set up the only goal of Saturday`s 1-0 win at Portsmouth, turned into his own net by Tal Ben-Haim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"