Torres ready to put in a better show for Chelsea
London: Spanish striker Fernando Torres is ready to show why he is worth 50-million-pounds to Chelsea after his first holiday in five years.
The Spanish international has promised to deliver as he flew to Malaysia last night for Chelsea`s pre-season tour of the Far East, a daily reports.
Torres said: "It was a difficult four months for me last season but now I am settled and really happy. It`s a new start for me and I am feeling sharper and fitter.
He added: "After five years without a break I could finally enjoy my holiday this summer so I am happier after a rest and some time with my family. Now, I am feeling good and ready to start the new season."
Torres, 27, managed just one goal in 18 appearances for Chelsea last season as his new team finished the season empty handed and manager Carlo Ancelotti was sacked.
But he scored in last week`s behind-closed-doors win over Wycombe and set up the only goal of Saturday`s 1-0 win at Portsmouth, turned into his own net by Tal Ben-Haim.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days