Torres to stay with Liverpool next season, says agent
London: Liverpool`s prospects of retaining the services of striker Fernando Torres have been boosted after the player`s agent said that Torres has no desire to leave the club.
"For the moment I can assure fans that Fernando will continue at Liverpool next season," The Sun quoted Jose Antonio Peton, Torres` manager, as saying.
Torres had earlier emerged as a 50 million-pound rated transfer target for Manchester City and Chelsea.
However, despite the uncertainty surrounding the future of Liverpool manager Rafael Benmtez and the club`s ability to strengthen the Anfield squad, Peton said that Torres remains happy at the club.
"Everything is down to Liverpool`s attitude, but for the time being, Fernando is happy at the club and has a good contract," Peton said.
"Liverpool have not spoken to us about his future, so he is just concentrating on playing at the World Cup," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...