Torres to stay with Liverpool next season, says agent
London: Liverpool`s prospects of retaining the services of striker Fernando Torres have been boosted after the player`s agent said that Torres has no desire to leave the club.
"For the moment I can assure fans that Fernando will continue at Liverpool next season," The Sun quoted Jose Antonio Peton, Torres` manager, as saying.
Torres had earlier emerged as a 50 million-pound rated transfer target for Manchester City and Chelsea.
However, despite the uncertainty surrounding the future of Liverpool manager Rafael Benmtez and the club`s ability to strengthen the Anfield squad, Peton said that Torres remains happy at the club.
"Everything is down to Liverpool`s attitude, but for the time being, Fernando is happy at the club and has a good contract," Peton said.
"Liverpool have not spoken to us about his future, so he is just concentrating on playing at the World Cup," he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark