Torres will have to put in transfer request to quit Liverpool
London: Ace striker Fernando Torres will have to put in a transfer request if he wants to quit Liverpool.
Liverpool will only let him go if they receive a mega bid in the region of 70 million pounds to force through a move to Chelsea, News of the World reports.
New coach Roy Hodgson will speak to his star striker and his representatives after the World Cup Final in an effort to keep him.
But if Torres says he wants out, he’ll be told only a formal transfer request and a huge offer can make the deal of the summer possible.
Privately, Liverpool sources concede that the dynamics will shift if the player declares he wants to go.
They’re well aware of the player’s concerns about the future of the club and the interest in him from Carlo Ancelotti, although they have had no indication yet he’s seeking to leave, the paper reports.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre