Total solar eclipse in four places of Assam
Guwahati: The total solar eclipse will
be visible in four places of Assam tomorrow with Dibrugarh
witnessing the total phase for over three minutes.
Regional Meteorological Centre`s Assistant Meteorologist
R K Goswami said here today that besides Dibrugarh, the
eclipse would be visible at Guwahati, Sibsagar and Silchar.
In Dibrugarh, the eclipse would begin at 5.31 am and
its greatest phase be observed at 6.32 am. It would end at
In Guwahati, the eclipse would begin at 5.30 am. With its
greatest phase at 6.29 am, the eclipse would end at 7.36 am.
Beginning at 5.31 am in Sibsagar, the greatest phase of
the eclipse would be at 6.32 am. It would end at 7.40 am here.
In Silchar, the eclipse would begin at 5.30 am with
its greatest phase be observed at 6.29 am. Here the eclipse
would end at 7.37 am.
The Guwahati Planetarium and Pragjyotish Astronomers`
Association have set up public observation centres at
Dibrugarh University, Tezpur University, Goreswar Higher
Secondary School near here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj