Total solar eclipse in four places of Assam
Guwahati: The total solar eclipse will
be visible in four places of Assam tomorrow with Dibrugarh
witnessing the total phase for over three minutes.
Regional Meteorological Centre`s Assistant Meteorologist
R K Goswami said here today that besides Dibrugarh, the
eclipse would be visible at Guwahati, Sibsagar and Silchar.
In Dibrugarh, the eclipse would begin at 5.31 am and
its greatest phase be observed at 6.32 am. It would end at
In Guwahati, the eclipse would begin at 5.30 am. With its
greatest phase at 6.29 am, the eclipse would end at 7.36 am.
Beginning at 5.31 am in Sibsagar, the greatest phase of
the eclipse would be at 6.32 am. It would end at 7.40 am here.
In Silchar, the eclipse would begin at 5.30 am with
its greatest phase be observed at 6.29 am. Here the eclipse
would end at 7.37 am.
The Guwahati Planetarium and Pragjyotish Astronomers`
Association have set up public observation centres at
Dibrugarh University, Tezpur University, Goreswar Higher
Secondary School near here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state