Total solar eclipse in four places of Assam
Guwahati: The total solar eclipse will
be visible in four places of Assam tomorrow with Dibrugarh
witnessing the total phase for over three minutes.
Regional Meteorological Centre`s Assistant Meteorologist
R K Goswami said here today that besides Dibrugarh, the
eclipse would be visible at Guwahati, Sibsagar and Silchar.
In Dibrugarh, the eclipse would begin at 5.31 am and
its greatest phase be observed at 6.32 am. It would end at
In Guwahati, the eclipse would begin at 5.30 am. With its
greatest phase at 6.29 am, the eclipse would end at 7.36 am.
Beginning at 5.31 am in Sibsagar, the greatest phase of
the eclipse would be at 6.32 am. It would end at 7.40 am here.
In Silchar, the eclipse would begin at 5.30 am with
its greatest phase be observed at 6.29 am. Here the eclipse
would end at 7.37 am.
The Guwahati Planetarium and Pragjyotish Astronomers`
Association have set up public observation centres at
Dibrugarh University, Tezpur University, Goreswar Higher
Secondary School near here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement