Tottenham Hotspur always my first choice: Peter Crouch
London: Peter Crouch recently signed for Tottenham Hotspur, and has wasted little time before hailing the club where he spent his youth career.
According to the Irish Independent, the lanky target-man - who was also the subject of a 12 million pound bid from Sunderland - insisted that Spurs had always been his first choice.
"It`s about joining a massive football club which has no limit to where it can go," the ex-Portsmouth player was quoted as saying.
The arrival of ‘Crouchy’ poses a potential threat to Robbie Keane’s position in the starting line-up, as he partnered Jermain Defoe while at Fratton Park.
However, Lilywhites boss Harry Redknapp - under whom Crouch has played at Pompey and Sunderland - reportedly intends to use the tall striker as an extra option, rather than as a direct replacement.
Crouch can play as the lone man up-front, as well as one among a two-man forward line, while he could also feature in a three-pronged attack with Keane and Defoe.
Redknapp is expected to experiment with his strike force today as Spurs take on West Ham United in the Premier League Asia Trophy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29