Tottenham`s Corluka out for a few weeks with ankle injury
London: Tottenham Hotspur fullback Vedran Corluka is likely to miss several weeks of first-team action with an ankle injury sustained during Tuesday`s stormy 1-0 Champions League victory against AC Milan in the San Siro.
The Croatia international was carried off on a stretcher after being pole-axed by a wild two-footed tackle by Milan`s former Arsenal midfielder Mathieu Flamini in the second half of the last 16, first leg clash.
"Vedran will remain immobilised in a protective boot for the next four days after a scan determined that he had sprained part of his ankle joint capsule," Spurs said on their website.
"Following a clinical examination by a foot and ankle specialist this afternoon, it has been recommended that Vedran make a gradual return to training starting next week... he should be back in full training in a few weeks."
There were initial fears that Corluka had suffered a more serious injury after a tackle Spurs manager Harry Redknapp described as "horrendous."
Tottenham`s former England defender Jonathan Woodgate, who made his first appearance for 15 months when he replaced Corluka against Milan, strained a left adductor muscle and will be assessed over the next few days, the club added.
Fourth-placed Tottenham face Blackpool in the Premier League on Tuesday and Wolverhampton Wanderers at home the following weekend before the return leg against Milan on March 9.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?