Tough for Man United to win Premiership: Anelka
London: Chelsea striker Nicolas Anelka believes that without Cristiano Ronaldo and Carlos Tevez, Manchester United will find it tough to retain their Premier League title.
"I don`t think United will be as strong this season because Ronaldo has gone and Carlos Tevez has gone. That could give us more chance to be stronger than them," the Frenchman was quoted as saying.
"United have lost two big players so it gives everyone else -- including ourselves -- a big chance to win it."
Anelka feels that this year it will be a tough title race and even Manchester City will be in reckoning.
"Maybe this season -- because we (Chelsea) have a strong squad and everyone is together -- we have a better chance. It is going to be a tough title race. They are all very strong. Even Man City have some good players," the 30-year-old said.
Anelka, who was the league`s top scorer last season with 19 goals, added: "I think Drogba and I can be the best partnership in England because we are strong together as a pair.
"I always want him to score, he always wants me to score. We have a good understanding and we like to play together. What is possible is for us to win the Premier League and if we do it will be because we will both get chances to score from each other.”
"That is what will give us more chance of winning the title. When I signed for Chelsea I always thought I would play with Didier.”
"I wanted to play with him and he wanted to play with me as well and, overall, last season I think we did well as a partnership. Now we have the chance to start the season together up front to score goals," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- How Twitteratis reacted to PM Modi calling Prakash Singh Badal 'Nelson Mandela'
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off