Tough for Man United to win Premiership: Anelka
London: Chelsea striker Nicolas Anelka believes that without Cristiano Ronaldo and Carlos Tevez, Manchester United will find it tough to retain their Premier League title.
"I don`t think United will be as strong this season because Ronaldo has gone and Carlos Tevez has gone. That could give us more chance to be stronger than them," the Frenchman was quoted as saying.
"United have lost two big players so it gives everyone else -- including ourselves -- a big chance to win it."
Anelka feels that this year it will be a tough title race and even Manchester City will be in reckoning.
"Maybe this season -- because we (Chelsea) have a strong squad and everyone is together -- we have a better chance. It is going to be a tough title race. They are all very strong. Even Man City have some good players," the 30-year-old said.
Anelka, who was the league`s top scorer last season with 19 goals, added: "I think Drogba and I can be the best partnership in England because we are strong together as a pair.
"I always want him to score, he always wants me to score. We have a good understanding and we like to play together. What is possible is for us to win the Premier League and if we do it will be because we will both get chances to score from each other.”
"That is what will give us more chance of winning the title. When I signed for Chelsea I always thought I would play with Didier.”
"I wanted to play with him and he wanted to play with me as well and, overall, last season I think we did well as a partnership. Now we have the chance to start the season together up front to score goals," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam