Tough for Man United to win Premiership: Anelka
London: Chelsea striker Nicolas Anelka believes that without Cristiano Ronaldo and Carlos Tevez, Manchester United will find it tough to retain their Premier League title.
"I don`t think United will be as strong this season because Ronaldo has gone and Carlos Tevez has gone. That could give us more chance to be stronger than them," the Frenchman was quoted as saying.
"United have lost two big players so it gives everyone else -- including ourselves -- a big chance to win it."
Anelka feels that this year it will be a tough title race and even Manchester City will be in reckoning.
"Maybe this season -- because we (Chelsea) have a strong squad and everyone is together -- we have a better chance. It is going to be a tough title race. They are all very strong. Even Man City have some good players," the 30-year-old said.
Anelka, who was the league`s top scorer last season with 19 goals, added: "I think Drogba and I can be the best partnership in England because we are strong together as a pair.
"I always want him to score, he always wants me to score. We have a good understanding and we like to play together. What is possible is for us to win the Premier League and if we do it will be because we will both get chances to score from each other.”
"That is what will give us more chance of winning the title. When I signed for Chelsea I always thought I would play with Didier.”
"I wanted to play with him and he wanted to play with me as well and, overall, last season I think we did well as a partnership. Now we have the chance to start the season together up front to score goals," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Olympics 2016: Ban Russians from all Rio sports - US anti-doping boss
- Facebook's solar-powered internet plane Aquila takes maiden flight!- Watch
- Flood warning issued in areas near Cauvery river in Tamil Nadu
- AAP has become shelter of comedians not having ideology, says BJP
- Bhagwant Mann must be refrained from entering into Parliament: JD(U)