Toyota launches new Prado Diesel in India
Bangalore: With the launch of new Prado diesel Landcruiser in India, Toyota Kirloskar Motor (TKM) Pvt Ltd is looking at a 10 percent market share in the SUV (Sports Utility Vehicle) segment, its top official said on Wednesday.
Unveiling the new Prado here, Hiroshi Nagakawa, Managing Director TKM told reporters that Prado has sold over 1.56 million units in over 170 countries so far and that customer response in India since its launch in 2004 has exceeded expectations. "We are looking at 10 percent market share in SUV segment with the launch of the new diesel version".
The redesigned Prado would appeal to both genuine SUV buyers and also car owners who are looking to upgrade manoeuvrability with interior luxury, he said.
Improvements include a 3.0 litre diesel engine, adoption of
Kinetic Dynamic Suspension System for driving stability at
city and highway speeds. It has features like 3 zone automatic
climate control, multi-information display and DAC (Down-hill
Assist Control) and VSC (Vehicle Stability Control).
"Our target audience is active businessmen, industrialists
and socialities who want to make a style statement and are in
the 35-45 year age group", Sandeep Singh, Deputy Managing
Director TKM said.
"We looking at all major metro cities like Mumbai, Bangalore
and Kochi and states of Karnataka, Punjab, and Andhra Pradesh
for our sales", Singh said. "Bangalore is a big market for us
and we are looking at a sale of 10-15 vehicles per annum."
It will be available in five colours- white pearl crystal
shine, silver metallic, grey metallic, greyish blue metallic
and black at an ex-showroom price of Rs 52.74 lakh in
Bangalore, Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends