TRAI seeks financial details of broadcasters
New Delhi: Telecom Regulatory Authority of
India (TRAI) has sought financial and operational details of
broadcasters, cable operators and multi system operators
(MSOs), which it requires for preparing a consultation paper
on the issue of tariff for cable TV services in non-CAS areas.
In line with its procedures, TRAI today initiated the
process of seeking details regarding break-up of revenues and
operating model from MSOs, broadcasters, and cable operators.
For this purpose, TRAI has put up forms on its
website, which the said players are required to fill with the
relevant details and submit them by August 17.
Supreme Court in its order on May 13 this year, had
directed TRAI to consider the matter related to tariff for
cable TV services in non-CAS areas, and had directed all
stakeholders to cooperate with the authority in the exercise.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata