TRAI seeks financial details of broadcasters
New Delhi: Telecom Regulatory Authority of
India (TRAI) has sought financial and operational details of
broadcasters, cable operators and multi system operators
(MSOs), which it requires for preparing a consultation paper
on the issue of tariff for cable TV services in non-CAS areas.
In line with its procedures, TRAI today initiated the
process of seeking details regarding break-up of revenues and
operating model from MSOs, broadcasters, and cable operators.
For this purpose, TRAI has put up forms on its
website, which the said players are required to fill with the
relevant details and submit them by August 17.
Supreme Court in its order on May 13 this year, had
directed TRAI to consider the matter related to tariff for
cable TV services in non-CAS areas, and had directed all
stakeholders to cooperate with the authority in the exercise.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj