TRAI seeks financial details of broadcasters
New Delhi: Telecom Regulatory Authority of
India (TRAI) has sought financial and operational details of
broadcasters, cable operators and multi system operators
(MSOs), which it requires for preparing a consultation paper
on the issue of tariff for cable TV services in non-CAS areas.
In line with its procedures, TRAI today initiated the
process of seeking details regarding break-up of revenues and
operating model from MSOs, broadcasters, and cable operators.
For this purpose, TRAI has put up forms on its
website, which the said players are required to fill with the
relevant details and submit them by August 17.
Supreme Court in its order on May 13 this year, had
directed TRAI to consider the matter related to tariff for
cable TV services in non-CAS areas, and had directed all
stakeholders to cooperate with the authority in the exercise.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’