TRAI seeks financial details of broadcasters
New Delhi: Telecom Regulatory Authority of
India (TRAI) has sought financial and operational details of
broadcasters, cable operators and multi system operators
(MSOs), which it requires for preparing a consultation paper
on the issue of tariff for cable TV services in non-CAS areas.
In line with its procedures, TRAI today initiated the
process of seeking details regarding break-up of revenues and
operating model from MSOs, broadcasters, and cable operators.
For this purpose, TRAI has put up forms on its
website, which the said players are required to fill with the
relevant details and submit them by August 17.
Supreme Court in its order on May 13 this year, had
directed TRAI to consider the matter related to tariff for
cable TV services in non-CAS areas, and had directed all
stakeholders to cooperate with the authority in the exercise.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail