Train looted, passenger killed in Bihar’s Jamui district
Patna: A railway employee was killed and 10
others injured when armed robbers looted cash and valuables
from passengers of 507 EMU Jhajha-Patna local train in Bihar`s
Jamui district, the police said Sunday.
Armed criminals boarded the train at Jamui and went on a
looting spree late last night, sources said, adding Mukesh
Mandal, a gangman, was shot at when he tried to resist them
near Mahesh Leta halt in Jamui-Kiul section of East Central
Mandal, who sustained serious gunshot wounds, later died
on the way to a hospital at Jamui, sources said.
The firing led to a stampede-like situation in which 10
passengers were injured when they jostled to get down from the
train, they said.
The robbers managed to flee after pulling the chain of
the train near Mahesh Leta halt, they said.
According to an FIR registered at the government railway
police at Kiul, the robbers snatched several cellular phones,
cash and other valuables worth around Rs 1 lakh from the
passengers, sources said.
Raids were on in the area to arrest the looters, they
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port