Travellers give thumbs up to India as a global brand
New Delhi: It`s not just arts and culture or
history that makes India popular, but also its way of doing
The FutureBrand`s latest Country Brand Index (CBI) has
ranked India among the top five countries for value for money,
authenticity, history, best brand for art and culture and
India has also made it to the list of this year`s "rising
stars" -- the places which are likely to become major tourist
destinations in the next five years, according to the survey.
Other rising stars include United Arab Emirates (UAE),
China, Vietnam, Croatia and South Africa.
CBI is a comprehensive study of about 3,000 international
business and leisure travellers from nine countries -- the US,
the UK, China, Australia, Japan, Brazil, UAE, Germany and
The survey was conducted by FutureBrand, a leading global
brand consultancy, along with public relations firm Weber
Shandwick`s Global Travel & Lifestyle Practice.
The index examines how countries are branded and ranked,
and identifies emerging global trends in travel and tourism,
which accounted for USD 944 billion in international tourism
receipts in 2008.
The overall CBI index was topped by the United States,
followed by Canada and Australia.
"It is interesting to note that America has risen to
number one country brand this year. It`s logical to assume
that the shift in the political climate and renewed optimism
surrounding the election of President Obama was a key
influencer in the US topping the list," Weber Shandwick’s
Travel & Lifestyle Global Practice President Rene A Mack said.
The other countries making the top 10 of the global 2009
Country Brand Index (CBI) study include New Zealand, France,
Italy, Japan, United Kingdom, Germany and Spain.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know