Travellers give thumbs up to India as a global brand
New Delhi: It`s not just arts and culture or
history that makes India popular, but also its way of doing
The FutureBrand`s latest Country Brand Index (CBI) has
ranked India among the top five countries for value for money,
authenticity, history, best brand for art and culture and
India has also made it to the list of this year`s "rising
stars" -- the places which are likely to become major tourist
destinations in the next five years, according to the survey.
Other rising stars include United Arab Emirates (UAE),
China, Vietnam, Croatia and South Africa.
CBI is a comprehensive study of about 3,000 international
business and leisure travellers from nine countries -- the US,
the UK, China, Australia, Japan, Brazil, UAE, Germany and
The survey was conducted by FutureBrand, a leading global
brand consultancy, along with public relations firm Weber
Shandwick`s Global Travel & Lifestyle Practice.
The index examines how countries are branded and ranked,
and identifies emerging global trends in travel and tourism,
which accounted for USD 944 billion in international tourism
receipts in 2008.
The overall CBI index was topped by the United States,
followed by Canada and Australia.
"It is interesting to note that America has risen to
number one country brand this year. It`s logical to assume
that the shift in the political climate and renewed optimism
surrounding the election of President Obama was a key
influencer in the US topping the list," Weber Shandwick’s
Travel & Lifestyle Global Practice President Rene A Mack said.
The other countries making the top 10 of the global 2009
Country Brand Index (CBI) study include New Zealand, France,
Italy, Japan, United Kingdom, Germany and Spain.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi