Trinamool releases 3rd list of candidates for Assam polls
Guwahati: The Assam unit of the Trinamool
Congress on Friday released its third list of six candidates for
the second phase of the state assembly elections after
releasing the names of 104 candidates so far.
Releasing the list here, TMC Vice-President J.K.Saikia
said the selection process of candidates for the rest of the
22 seats was on.
"In Assam, till now there have only been change of
faces. The problems of corruption, lack of economic
development, floods, governance have not changed simply
because there has not been fundamental changes in the politics
followed up other parties," Saikia told reporters.
"We are here to stay. The people will vote for us
since TMC stands for a corruption-free government that will
reflect the aspirations of the people and work on economic
development with social justice," said Saikia.
The decision to field candidates in all 126 Assam
assembly seats was the first major political thrust to
consolidate TMC`s presence in the north-eastern states
following its success in Manipur where TMC`s K. Sarat
trounced Congress? S. Ranjan in the Konthoujam assembly
by-poll, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars