Trinamool releases 3rd list of candidates for Assam polls
Guwahati: The Assam unit of the Trinamool
Congress on Friday released its third list of six candidates for
the second phase of the state assembly elections after
releasing the names of 104 candidates so far.
Releasing the list here, TMC Vice-President J.K.Saikia
said the selection process of candidates for the rest of the
22 seats was on.
"In Assam, till now there have only been change of
faces. The problems of corruption, lack of economic
development, floods, governance have not changed simply
because there has not been fundamental changes in the politics
followed up other parties," Saikia told reporters.
"We are here to stay. The people will vote for us
since TMC stands for a corruption-free government that will
reflect the aspirations of the people and work on economic
development with social justice," said Saikia.
The decision to field candidates in all 126 Assam
assembly seats was the first major political thrust to
consolidate TMC`s presence in the north-eastern states
following its success in Manipur where TMC`s K. Sarat
trounced Congress? S. Ranjan in the Konthoujam assembly
by-poll, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore