Trouble brewing between Hockey India, Indian Hockey Federation
New Delhi: The Indian Hockey Federation’s (IHF) much anticipated domestic hockey league seems to have run into rough weather with Hockey India (HI) warning its set of national players to stay away from the league.
An official from HI even went to the extent of terming the proposed tournament as ‘rebel league’ and made it clear that the players who do not follow their advice may not be considered for selection in the national team.
Although HI had till now maintained that the federation would support any venture that brings in money to the sport, the recent development has once again changed the scenario.
Talking to reporters, Hockey India secretary Narinder Batra said:
“A packed 2011 calendar that includes preparations for the all-important Olympic qualifiers in February 2012 means there will be too many important series. I don’t see how national team players can be part of the new league. And if they do, we won’t be left with any other option but to look for new players.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack