Tuesday deadline for Casey in Hazeltine fitness race
London: Britain`s Paul Casey, who has been battling a strained rib muscle, says he will decide on Tuesday whether he is fit enough to compete in this week`s PGA Championship at Hazeltine National.
The world number three pulled out of last week`s WGC-Bridgestone Invitational in Akron, Ohio, dealing a severe blow to his preparations for the final major of the year.
In a posting on his official website, Casey said he was "uncertain for this week".
He added: "I will head to Hazeltine ... but not hit any balls until Tuesday and then make the decision."
Casey first suffered the injury in practice before last month`s British Open and has been receiving daily treatment since he withdrew from the Bridgestone Invitational after six holes in the opening round.
"It is a frustrating injury to receive as the only real cure is rest," the 10-times European Tour winner said.
"I stayed put in Akron over the weekend ... and will hope that things improve so that I can initially participate in the PGA Championship.”
"We then have an important run of events for the FedExCup and also the Race to Dubai, so I will hope that any layoff is as short as possible."
Casey has been one of the hottest players in the game this year, winning his first PGA Tour title at the Houston Open in April along with two titles on the European Tour.
The 91st PGA Championship starts on Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah