Tunisia win as Botswana stay top of Nations Cup group
Johannesburg: Tunisia got their 2012 African Nations Cup qualifying campaign back on track on Wednesday, a 3-1 win in Chad securing their first points in Group K while Botswana stretched their lead at the top.
Tunisia, who were group favourites, suffered a shock home defeat by Botswana at the start of qualifying last month but goals from Khaled Korbi, Issam Jemaa and Fahid Ben Khalfallah handed them a 3-1 win in Ndjamena to restore their hopes.
The Tunisians led 2-0 at halftime. Chad`s second half consolation goal came from Ezekiel Ndouassel.
Botswana, who have never qualified for the finals, drew 1-1 in Malawi and now have seven points from three matches. Tunisia are second with three points from two games.
The visitors took a 62nd-minute lead through Jerome Ramathlakwane but Dave Banda equalised for Malawi 12 minutes later.
Group K is the only one of the qualifying sections with five teams. The other 10 groups get underway next month.
The finals are being co-hosted by Equatorial Guinea and Gabon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi