Twenty-seven UP policemen got jobs on fake degrees
Lucknow: Police in Allahabad have unearthed a scam within their forces in which it was found that at least 27 serving policemen had acquired fake educational degrees to get their jobs, officials said.
The scam came to light after the police earlier this week found out that an institution was involved in selling fake marksheets and various educational degrees.
"Based on a tip off, we raided the Hindi Sahitya Sammelan - Prayag (HSSP) Thursday and recovered a large number of marksheets, certificates and degrees ranging from Class 10 to graduation. Initial investigations revealed that 27 people used these forged documents to get into the police force," Superintendent of Police (City) A.K. Vijeta told reporters.
"Strict action will be taken against them once the investigations are over," he added.
The probe also revealed that two people had got jobs in the Uttar Pradesh State Electricity Supply Board and the Indian postal department with fake degrees.
"The investigation will surely reveal many more such scandals and we hope to unearth such anomalies in other government departments also," Additional Superintendent of Police Vinod Pandey said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs