Twenty-seven UP policemen got jobs on fake degrees
Lucknow: Police in Allahabad have unearthed a scam within their forces in which it was found that at least 27 serving policemen had acquired fake educational degrees to get their jobs, officials said.
The scam came to light after the police earlier this week found out that an institution was involved in selling fake marksheets and various educational degrees.
"Based on a tip off, we raided the Hindi Sahitya Sammelan - Prayag (HSSP) Thursday and recovered a large number of marksheets, certificates and degrees ranging from Class 10 to graduation. Initial investigations revealed that 27 people used these forged documents to get into the police force," Superintendent of Police (City) A.K. Vijeta told reporters.
"Strict action will be taken against them once the investigations are over," he added.
The probe also revealed that two people had got jobs in the Uttar Pradesh State Electricity Supply Board and the Indian postal department with fake degrees.
"The investigation will surely reveal many more such scandals and we hope to unearth such anomalies in other government departments also," Additional Superintendent of Police Vinod Pandey said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part IV
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part V
- BIZARRE: On this flight, passengers go nude at 30,000 feet altitude – Watch viral video
- PITIABLE PLIGHT OF INDIAN ATHLETES: Training with worn-out shoes, Rio-bound sprinter Dutee Chand pleads for new pair
- Toll in Kashmir unrest climbs to 47, curfew continues in five districts
- AAP MLA Naresh Yadav, booked in Malerkotla sacrilege incident, arrested by Punjab police
- Ahead of key confidence vote, Nepal PM KP Sharma Oli resigns as prime minister