Two Chhota Rajan aides arrested in UP
Lucknow: Two aides of underworld don Chhota Rajan were arrested after a brief gunfight with security personnel in Uttar Pradesh`s Allahabad district, police said Saturday.
Mohammed Masil and Abdul Gufran, both in their early 20s, were arrested Friday evening following a joint operation of the police and Special Operation Group (SOG).
"Masil and Gufran used to take up contracts for killing and abduction in Mumbai for Chhota Rajan`s gang," police inspector VP Singh said on phone from Allahabad, about 200 km from here.
The duo also used to work independently in various districts of Uttar Pradesh, including Pratapgarh, Allahabad, Fathehpur and Kaushambhi.
According to police, Masil and Gufran were arrested while they were going to meet relatives in Pratapgarh, some 50 km from Allahabad.
As many as 12 cases of murder, abduction and other heinous crimes are registered against the two in Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note