Two Chhota Rajan aides arrested in UP
Lucknow: Two aides of underworld don Chhota Rajan were arrested after a brief gunfight with security personnel in Uttar Pradesh`s Allahabad district, police said Saturday.
Mohammed Masil and Abdul Gufran, both in their early 20s, were arrested Friday evening following a joint operation of the police and Special Operation Group (SOG).
"Masil and Gufran used to take up contracts for killing and abduction in Mumbai for Chhota Rajan`s gang," police inspector VP Singh said on phone from Allahabad, about 200 km from here.
The duo also used to work independently in various districts of Uttar Pradesh, including Pratapgarh, Allahabad, Fathehpur and Kaushambhi.
According to police, Masil and Gufran were arrested while they were going to meet relatives in Pratapgarh, some 50 km from Allahabad.
As many as 12 cases of murder, abduction and other heinous crimes are registered against the two in Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials