Two girls `attacked and raped`: Leicester Mercury
Leicester, Jan 28: A 14-year-old girl feared she would be killed after being grabbed and raped as she walked home from school, a court heard.
Jamal Osman grabbed her arm and put his hand over her mouth, threatening "You`ll regret it if you scream", it was alleged.
Leicester Crown Court was told the girl met 28-year-old Osman as she crossed a footbridge over Fosse Road North, in the city`s West End.
Osman is also accused of raping a 16-year-old girl in the Lee Circle car park, in the city centre, weeks earlier.
Matthew Lowe, prosecuting, said the 14-year-old was walking home at about 5pm on June 4 when the defendant approached.
He said: "He grabbed her wrist and put his hand over her mouth and she tried to scream, but couldn`t. She tried to kick out. She was terrified and froze with fear, thinking he was going to kill her."
Mr Lowe alleged that after forcing her down steps, she ended up on the ground.
Mr Lowe said: "He asked her if she was a virgin and she said yes."
Osman stopped raping the girl when he heard someone approaching, it was claimed, and she ran off.
The girl told a mentor at school the next day by writing down what had allegedly happened.
Osman, of Rowan Street, Newfoundpool, Leicester, denies raping either girl.
The 16-year-old alleged victim told police she had been raped after drinking with friends on the evening of May 3.
She had met a 15-year-old friend in Charles Street. They were later joined by some men, including the defendant, whom she had once spoken to on a bus.
In a video interview played in court, she said they went to level five of the car park, which was deserted.
She had drunk nearly a bottle of vodka and was given a puff of a cannabis cigarette. She said her friend went to check a bus timetable, but did not return.
She ended up alone with the defendant.
The girl told the police: "He got on top of me. I said `get off`. "I was pushing him away from me. He unzipped my trousers. I didn`t run away because I was scared he`d come after me.
"He didn`t ask for my consent. He knew I didn`t because I was saying `no`. I kept trying to push him off but he wouldn`t get off.
"In the end, I froze and wanted it to be over. I thought if I left him do what he wanted to do then I could go."
In interview, Osman claimed the 16-year-old had agreed to sex and she had given him her phone number.
He claimed the 14-year-old had initially approached him asking for a light and gave him a cigarette.
He claimed they ended up kissing and cuddling and they undid their clothing, but when she said she was a virgin he desisted and nothing further happened.
The trial continues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH