Two girls enter into wedlock in Uttar Pradesh
Muzaffarnagar: Two girls, who had invited anger and opposition from their families after they were having a lesbian relationship, have entered into
a wedlock after running away from their homes here, police said.
Hailing from Shamli town of this Uttar Pradesh district, Pinki (19) and 18-year-old Komal shocked their parents by expressing their desire to marry two months ago.
The marriage came to light after Pinki filed a complaint with a senior police official alleging that she was harassed by her parents, police said.
A police team investigating the complaint met the parents of the two girls today.
According to police, the families of the girls said they were against the marriage and the girls ran away from their homes as they opposed their union.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users