Two girls enter into wedlock in Uttar Pradesh
Muzaffarnagar: Two girls, who had invited anger and opposition from their families after they were having a lesbian relationship, have entered into
a wedlock after running away from their homes here, police said.
Hailing from Shamli town of this Uttar Pradesh district, Pinki (19) and 18-year-old Komal shocked their parents by expressing their desire to marry two months ago.
The marriage came to light after Pinki filed a complaint with a senior police official alleging that she was harassed by her parents, police said.
A police team investigating the complaint met the parents of the two girls today.
According to police, the families of the girls said they were against the marriage and the girls ran away from their homes as they opposed their union.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers