Two girls enter into wedlock in Uttar Pradesh
Muzaffarnagar: Two girls, who had invited anger and opposition from their families after they were having a lesbian relationship, have entered into
a wedlock after running away from their homes here, police said.
Hailing from Shamli town of this Uttar Pradesh district, Pinki (19) and 18-year-old Komal shocked their parents by expressing their desire to marry two months ago.
The marriage came to light after Pinki filed a complaint with a senior police official alleging that she was harassed by her parents, police said.
A police team investigating the complaint met the parents of the two girls today.
According to police, the families of the girls said they were against the marriage and the girls ran away from their homes as they opposed their union.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test