Two gold, one silver for India at C`wealth Shooting C`ship
New Delhi: Indian shooters gave a golden start to the Commonwealth Shooting Championship when Gagan Narang and PT Raghunath won gold in the 10m Air Rifle pairs event here on Friday before Anisa Sayyed and Anurag Singh added another gold to the Indian tally in the 25m Pistol Pairs event.
Virat Singh and Bapu Vanjare, then, won silver in the 50m Free Pistol pairs event to give India their third medal.
The Indian duo of Narang and Raghunath scored a deadly 599 pts and 594 pts respectively to give India a solid start.
India will host the Commonwealth Games here at the national capital later in October and the Commonwealth Shooting Championship is the first of the CWG championships played at the Karni Singh Range, Tughlakabad.
The Indian team lacked the presence of eminent shooters like Olympic champion Abhinav Bindra, Olympic silver medallist Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore, world record holder Ronjan Sodhi, the seasoned trap shooters Mansher Singh and Anwer Sultan, the world championship finalist Avneet Kaur Sidhu and two of the finest pistol shooters Heena Sidhu and Harveen Srao.
However, the absence did not hamper India’s hopes as Narang and Raghunath played to the best of their abilities to grab the gold for their country.
National Rifle Association of India (NRAI) named a 43-member Indian squad for the eighth edition of the Championship, which will see top shooters from 12 nations vie for honours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27