Two militants killed in separate encounters in Jammu
Srinagar: The security forces on Thursday killed two militants in separate encounters in Kupwara district of North Kashmir.
Acting on a tip off, security forces launched a search operation at Khangund village, 95 kms from here, in the wee hours to flush out hiding militants, official sources said.
The ultras opened fire on the search party and in the ensuing gunbattle a militant was killed.
Another militant was killed in a separate operation by security forces at Bangus valley of Handwara, 80 kms from here, this morning, the sources said.
They said the operation in the valley was launched last evening following specific information about presence of militants.
The identity and group affiliation of both the slain militants could not be ascertained immediately as the search operation at Khangund and Bangus valley was still continuing.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?