Two militants killed in separate encounters in Jammu
Srinagar: The security forces on Thursday killed two militants in separate encounters in Kupwara district of North Kashmir.
Acting on a tip off, security forces launched a search operation at Khangund village, 95 kms from here, in the wee hours to flush out hiding militants, official sources said.
The ultras opened fire on the search party and in the ensuing gunbattle a militant was killed.
Another militant was killed in a separate operation by security forces at Bangus valley of Handwara, 80 kms from here, this morning, the sources said.
They said the operation in the valley was launched last evening following specific information about presence of militants.
The identity and group affiliation of both the slain militants could not be ascertained immediately as the search operation at Khangund and Bangus valley was still continuing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof