Two militants killed in separate encounters in Jammu
Srinagar: The security forces on Thursday killed two militants in separate encounters in Kupwara district of North Kashmir.
Acting on a tip off, security forces launched a search operation at Khangund village, 95 kms from here, in the wee hours to flush out hiding militants, official sources said.
The ultras opened fire on the search party and in the ensuing gunbattle a militant was killed.
Another militant was killed in a separate operation by security forces at Bangus valley of Handwara, 80 kms from here, this morning, the sources said.
They said the operation in the valley was launched last evening following specific information about presence of militants.
The identity and group affiliation of both the slain militants could not be ascertained immediately as the search operation at Khangund and Bangus valley was still continuing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?