Two more BSF platoons sought in Koraput
Koraput (Odisha): In order to intensify anti-Maoist operations in Odisha`s Koraput, the administration has sought deployment of more BSF platoons in the district.
"We require three more companies of BSF and have placed the demand before security advisor to Union Ministry of Home Affairs K Vijay Kumar during his recent visit here," a senior police officer said today.
Additional forces are required for establishment of a few more permanent camps of the paramilitary forces.
"We are contemplating setting up of three to four camps of central forces in Narayanpatna and Machkund area", the officer said.
In the wake of Maoist killing of BSF men in a landmine blast on NH-26 near Pottangi on August 27, police have prepared a blueprint to deal with the red rebels and require additional forces for this.
Official sources said though Maoist offensives have come down in the past few months in Koraput because of intensive operations by security forces, loopholes still exist helping Maoists to execute their attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh arrives in Kashmir, meets civil society delegation
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Arjun Rampal's mother fights cancer, actor prays for her good health
- Twin blasts rock Kabul; ISIS claims responsibility, at least 80 dead
- Vijender Singh pleads for an end to Indian boxing's administrative mess
- Olympics 2016: PM Narendra Modi to flag off 'Run for Rio' event on July 31
- Here's how Parineeti Chopra-Varun Dhawan rehearsed for 'Janemann Aah' from 'Dishoom' ! Watch video