Two more BSF platoons sought in Koraput
Koraput (Odisha): In order to intensify anti-Maoist operations in Odisha`s Koraput, the administration has sought deployment of more BSF platoons in the district.
"We require three more companies of BSF and have placed the demand before security advisor to Union Ministry of Home Affairs K Vijay Kumar during his recent visit here," a senior police officer said today.
Additional forces are required for establishment of a few more permanent camps of the paramilitary forces.
"We are contemplating setting up of three to four camps of central forces in Narayanpatna and Machkund area", the officer said.
In the wake of Maoist killing of BSF men in a landmine blast on NH-26 near Pottangi on August 27, police have prepared a blueprint to deal with the red rebels and require additional forces for this.
Official sources said though Maoist offensives have come down in the past few months in Koraput because of intensive operations by security forces, loopholes still exist helping Maoists to execute their attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country