Two more BSF platoons sought in Koraput
Koraput (Odisha): In order to intensify anti-Maoist operations in Odisha`s Koraput, the administration has sought deployment of more BSF platoons in the district.
"We require three more companies of BSF and have placed the demand before security advisor to Union Ministry of Home Affairs K Vijay Kumar during his recent visit here," a senior police officer said today.
Additional forces are required for establishment of a few more permanent camps of the paramilitary forces.
"We are contemplating setting up of three to four camps of central forces in Narayanpatna and Machkund area", the officer said.
In the wake of Maoist killing of BSF men in a landmine blast on NH-26 near Pottangi on August 27, police have prepared a blueprint to deal with the red rebels and require additional forces for this.
Official sources said though Maoist offensives have come down in the past few months in Koraput because of intensive operations by security forces, loopholes still exist helping Maoists to execute their attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened