Two more BSF platoons sought in Koraput
Koraput (Odisha): In order to intensify anti-Maoist operations in Odisha`s Koraput, the administration has sought deployment of more BSF platoons in the district.
"We require three more companies of BSF and have placed the demand before security advisor to Union Ministry of Home Affairs K Vijay Kumar during his recent visit here," a senior police officer said today.
Additional forces are required for establishment of a few more permanent camps of the paramilitary forces.
"We are contemplating setting up of three to four camps of central forces in Narayanpatna and Machkund area", the officer said.
In the wake of Maoist killing of BSF men in a landmine blast on NH-26 near Pottangi on August 27, police have prepared a blueprint to deal with the red rebels and require additional forces for this.
Official sources said though Maoist offensives have come down in the past few months in Koraput because of intensive operations by security forces, loopholes still exist helping Maoists to execute their attacks.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket