Two Naxalites killed in Jharkhand
Gumla (Jharkhand): Two Naxalites were
on Tuesday killed in an hour-long encounter with the police in the
forests of Surang in Gumla district.
The Naxalites were identified as Benjamin Baghwar
and Augustus Baghwar, Superintendent of Police, Upendra
Kumar said adding three others escaped.
All of them were activists of a Naxalite outfit
People`s Liberation Front of India (PLFI), the police super
said. A DBBL gun and a country-made gun were recovered from
Getting a tip-off that the PLFI activists had gathered
in the forests under Kamdara block, a police team rushed to
Sighting the police, the Naxalites opened fire. But a
strong return fire hit two of them who died on the spot, the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM