Two realtors depose during trial in Sankararaman murder case
Puducherry: Two real estate businessmen from
Chennai deposed as prosecution witnesses in a local court
on Monday during the hearing in the Sankararaman murder case, in
which Kanchi Sankaracharya Jayendra Saraswathi and his junior
Vijayendra are the main accused.
Only seven of the 24 accused were present when the hearing
resumed before the Principal District and Sessions Judge
T.Ramasamy and the absentees included the two seers.
Special Public Prosecutor N.Devadoss examined the two
He told PTI later that three more prosecution witnesses
would be examined during the next hearing slated for tomorrow.
A total of 176 witnesses have been examined since the
commencement of the trial two years ago out of which 77 have
The trial was shifted from Chengalpattu court to Puducherry
on a Supreme court order on a petition by Jayendra Saraswathi.
Sankararaman, manager of the Varadaraja Perumal temple
in Kancheepuram, was allegedly murdered on the premises of the
temple on September 3, 2004.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state