Two witnesses turn hostile in Sankararaman murder case
Puducherry: Two of six witnesses facing trial
in the Sankararaman murder case, in which Kanchi Seer Jayendra
Saraswathi and his junior Vijayendra Saraswathi are the main
accused, turned hostile on Wednesday.
With this, four witnesses have so far turned hostile in
Sankararaman, the Manager of Sri Varadarajaperumal temple
in Kancheepuram, was allegedly murdered in the temple premises
on September 3, 2004.
Only 14 of the 24 accused were present in court when the
case came up for hearing today before Principal and District
Sessions Judge D Krishnaraja. The two Seers were among those
absent. They have been charged under sections 120(B)
(conspiracy) and 302 (murder) of IPC.
The two witnesses, employees of a shop near the temple
told Special Public Prosecutor N Devadoss that they had not
seen the accused who had fled the scene after the crime.
One of the employees, Bhaskaran, said he was not on duty
on Sept 3 afternoon. He claimed to have signed only blank
papers and denied having told police that he had seen three
men rushing out of the temple with sharp weapons.
Natarajan, on the other hand, said he had only heard
people speaking of someone having been murdered in the temple
and that he had not seen any photos on the blank papers he
Following this, the SPP declared both of them hostile.
Devadoss later told reporters that 10 more witnesses
would be examined tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!