Two witnesses turn hostile in Sankararaman murder case
Puducherry: Two of six witnesses facing trial
in the Sankararaman murder case, in which Kanchi Seer Jayendra
Saraswathi and his junior Vijayendra Saraswathi are the main
accused, turned hostile on Wednesday.
With this, four witnesses have so far turned hostile in
Sankararaman, the Manager of Sri Varadarajaperumal temple
in Kancheepuram, was allegedly murdered in the temple premises
on September 3, 2004.
Only 14 of the 24 accused were present in court when the
case came up for hearing today before Principal and District
Sessions Judge D Krishnaraja. The two Seers were among those
absent. They have been charged under sections 120(B)
(conspiracy) and 302 (murder) of IPC.
The two witnesses, employees of a shop near the temple
told Special Public Prosecutor N Devadoss that they had not
seen the accused who had fled the scene after the crime.
One of the employees, Bhaskaran, said he was not on duty
on Sept 3 afternoon. He claimed to have signed only blank
papers and denied having told police that he had seen three
men rushing out of the temple with sharp weapons.
Natarajan, on the other hand, said he had only heard
people speaking of someone having been murdered in the temple
and that he had not seen any photos on the blank papers he
Following this, the SPP declared both of them hostile.
Devadoss later told reporters that 10 more witnesses
would be examined tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state