U2 ‘World’s Highest-Earning Band’: Forbes
Irish rock band U2 has been named the highest-earning band in the world.
London: Irish rock band U2 has been named the highest-earning band in the world.
According to Forbes.com, they are estimated to have made 84.9 million pounds, including ticket and merchandise sales and a steady-selling back catalogue, the Telegraph reported.
U2 also signed a 12-year deal in March 2008 with Live Nation worth an estimated 50 million pounds, which includes the live-events company controlling the band’s merchandise, sponsoring, and their official website.
The Forbes.com top-earning musicians of 2010 are:
1. U2 - 84.9 million pounds
2. AC/DC - 74.5 million pounds
3. Beyonce Knowles - 56.8 million pounds
4. Bruce Springsteen - 45.7 million pounds
5. Britney Spears - 41.8 million pounds
6. Jay-Z - 41.1 million pounds
7. Lady Gaga - 40.5 million pounds
8. Madonna - 37.9 million pounds
9. Kenny Chesney - 32.6 million pounds
10. Black Eyed Peas - 31.3 million pounds
11. Coldplay - 31.3 million pounds