UAE stock markets continue to tumble
Dubai: The Dubai stock market fell 5.41 percent in early Tuesday trading while Abu Dhabi`s exchange posted a 1.13 percent decrease, continuing Monday`s trend of declines in both bourses.
On Monday, the Dubai Financial Market closed down 5.84 percent while the Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange ended trading with a 1.68 percent decline.
The Kuwait market also showed small losses on Tuesday, opening 0.10 percent down, following a 0.79 percent decrease on Monday.
Both the Dubai and Abu Dhabi markets suffered heavy losses last week over Dubai`s debt troubles but recovered marginally on Sunday.
The Dubai index plunged 12.5 percent over a two-day trading period last week, while Abu Dhabi`s slumped 11.6 percent.
The sharp falls came after Dubai on November 25 requested a freeze of payments on the debt of its largest conglomerate, Dubai World, which is liable for 59 billion dollars.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family