UAE stock markets continue to tumble
Dubai: The Dubai stock market fell 5.41 percent in early Tuesday trading while Abu Dhabi`s exchange posted a 1.13 percent decrease, continuing Monday`s trend of declines in both bourses.
On Monday, the Dubai Financial Market closed down 5.84 percent while the Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange ended trading with a 1.68 percent decline.
The Kuwait market also showed small losses on Tuesday, opening 0.10 percent down, following a 0.79 percent decrease on Monday.
Both the Dubai and Abu Dhabi markets suffered heavy losses last week over Dubai`s debt troubles but recovered marginally on Sunday.
The Dubai index plunged 12.5 percent over a two-day trading period last week, while Abu Dhabi`s slumped 11.6 percent.
The sharp falls came after Dubai on November 25 requested a freeze of payments on the debt of its largest conglomerate, Dubai World, which is liable for 59 billion dollars.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- FSSAI testing more Maggi; brand ambassadors can be liable: Govt
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi