UAE stock markets continue to tumble
Dubai: The Dubai stock market fell 5.41 percent in early Tuesday trading while Abu Dhabi`s exchange posted a 1.13 percent decrease, continuing Monday`s trend of declines in both bourses.
On Monday, the Dubai Financial Market closed down 5.84 percent while the Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange ended trading with a 1.68 percent decline.
The Kuwait market also showed small losses on Tuesday, opening 0.10 percent down, following a 0.79 percent decrease on Monday.
Both the Dubai and Abu Dhabi markets suffered heavy losses last week over Dubai`s debt troubles but recovered marginally on Sunday.
The Dubai index plunged 12.5 percent over a two-day trading period last week, while Abu Dhabi`s slumped 11.6 percent.
The sharp falls came after Dubai on November 25 requested a freeze of payments on the debt of its largest conglomerate, Dubai World, which is liable for 59 billion dollars.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead