UAE stock markets continue to tumble
Dubai: The Dubai stock market fell 5.41 percent in early Tuesday trading while Abu Dhabi`s exchange posted a 1.13 percent decrease, continuing Monday`s trend of declines in both bourses.
On Monday, the Dubai Financial Market closed down 5.84 percent while the Abu Dhabi Securities Exchange ended trading with a 1.68 percent decline.
The Kuwait market also showed small losses on Tuesday, opening 0.10 percent down, following a 0.79 percent decrease on Monday.
Both the Dubai and Abu Dhabi markets suffered heavy losses last week over Dubai`s debt troubles but recovered marginally on Sunday.
The Dubai index plunged 12.5 percent over a two-day trading period last week, while Abu Dhabi`s slumped 11.6 percent.
The sharp falls came after Dubai on November 25 requested a freeze of payments on the debt of its largest conglomerate, Dubai World, which is liable for 59 billion dollars.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda