UAE`s first swine flu victim an Indian
Dubai: A 63-year-old Indian man has succumbed to swine flu in UAE, becoming the first in the country to die of the influenza virus, Health Ministry here has said.
The elderly man was already suffering from severe respiratory and lung infections before getting the swine flu.
The ministry said the victim had gone to the hospital too late. He was diagnosed with infections along with the H1N1 symptoms but he died because of the progression of the disease, the ministry`s statement said.
The health ministry has called upon people to immediately report swine flu like symptoms to a hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- ICC World T20: Pakistan announce 15-man squad; Shahid Afridi to lead, Ahmed Shehzad dropped
- Net Neutrality: Facebook board member's offensive tweet on 'colonialism' leaves Indians fuming
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders