UGC Pay Panel report has several anomalies: Teachers` bodies
New Delhi, Oct 07: Various teachers` organizations have expressed resentment over the UGC-Pay Review Committee`s recommendations, saying the report has fallen short of their expectations as it has several "anomalies".
The Delhi University Teachers` Association has said major demands of teachers for higher pay scale to lecturers so as to attract talent to the university system have not been accepted.
"The demand for introduction of professorship/Professor`s grade in all colleges to retain talent has not been considered by the committee headed by Prof G K Chadha," it said.
DUTA representatives yesterday met UGC chairman Sukhadeo Thorat to air their grievances, its president Aditya Narayan Mishra said.
Democratic Teachers` Front, a teachers` organization in Delhi University, said the recommendations of the Pay Review Committee with regard to pay scales and service
conditions failed to reflect its objective of making the teaching profession more attractive.
It said the UGC had earlier suggested 25 per cent higher entry pay for teachers in comparison to the Group A services and three promotions for all teachers so that
teachers could have parity with Group A services in terms of career earnings.
The college teachers have been explicitly downgraded by the recommendations which denied them promotion till professor`s grade, it claimed. The DTF demanded a review of
Delhi University Principal`s Association, which had asked for senior principals` scale for those principals who have already completed eight to 10 years of service, said the
committee has remained silent on the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda