UID to now replace PF account number
New Delhi: The retirement fund manager EPFO plans to replace PF account number with unique identification number, a move which will help in speedy transfer of a subscriber’s funds in case of job change and allow them to track their accounts online.
At present when a subscriber changes job, it takes months to transfer provident fund money from one account to another, as the records are required to be transferred from one office to the other.
Under these circumstances, a large number of subscribers often withdraw the entire money in their account and go for a fresh account with the new employer.
The replacement of PF account number with the UID number will be done after inter-connecting all regional and sub offices of the Employees` Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) by March 2012.
"We are in the process of digitizing and inter-connecting all our offices. We are planning to use unique identification number as the subscribers account number after that," Labour Secretary P C Chaturvedi told.
He said, "Besides expediting the transfer of funds from one office to another, it would help reducing the number of withdrawals. Moreover, every subscribers would be able to track his account online."
EPFO has set a target of digitalizing the entire data in its regional and sub office by March this year in the first phase. In second phase all offices would be inter-connected.
Digitalization and use of UID as PF A/c number would also facilitate the subscriber to apply for transfer and withdrawal online.
In a pilot study conducted at EPFO`s Karnal office, it was found that over 30.2 per cent of subscribers withdraw their PF within a year of joining service while 54.3 per cent do so by the end of the second year.
EPFO having a subscribers` base of about 4.7 crore, processes over 60 lakh claims every year. It manages about Rs three lakh crore of funds and receives an incremental deposit of over Rs 25,000 crore every year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27