UK tour will give much-needed exposure to India
New Delhi: All India Football Federation General Secretary Kushal Das on Friday expressed confidence that the UK Tour will provide a much-needed exposure to the Indian U-23 team.
"The All India Football Federation is happy the boys are getting the right kind of exposure. Clash of the Titans India Pakistan UK Tour has generated huge interest among the fans in India and we are eagerly looking forward to the Tour," Das said.
The Indian U-23 football team will take on arch-rivals Pakistan in the opening match of its tour of England on September 3, the AIFF said on Friday.
"The Indian team would be playing three matches in England the details of which are as follows: India Vs Pakistan on September 3, 2011 at Derby FC, Pride Park, India Vs England on September 6, 2011 at Victoria Road, Degenham, East London and India Vs Pakistan on September 9, 2011 in Glasgow," the release added.
The U-23 Indian squad is presently training in the preparatory camp for the Tour under Coach Sukhwinder Singh. The Team will leave for England on August 27.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed