UK tour will give much-needed exposure to India
New Delhi: All India Football Federation General Secretary Kushal Das on Friday expressed confidence that the UK Tour will provide a much-needed exposure to the Indian U-23 team.
"The All India Football Federation is happy the boys are getting the right kind of exposure. Clash of the Titans India Pakistan UK Tour has generated huge interest among the fans in India and we are eagerly looking forward to the Tour," Das said.
The Indian U-23 football team will take on arch-rivals Pakistan in the opening match of its tour of England on September 3, the AIFF said on Friday.
"The Indian team would be playing three matches in England the details of which are as follows: India Vs Pakistan on September 3, 2011 at Derby FC, Pride Park, India Vs England on September 6, 2011 at Victoria Road, Degenham, East London and India Vs Pakistan on September 9, 2011 in Glasgow," the release added.
The U-23 Indian squad is presently training in the preparatory camp for the Tour under Coach Sukhwinder Singh. The Team will leave for England on August 27.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city